Here's what you and your family can expect at LJC:
1: Rest for Your Soul
- Children and teen lessons about the gospel, not behavior modification
- Gospel-centered worship songs
- Sermons that aren't guilt-laden nor performance-driven, but highlight the gospel of grace
A friendly, casual environment (wear whatever you want)
- Weekly communion to remind you that all your sin is forgiven in Christ
2: Growth in Your Journey
- Worship songs that teach the doctrines of the faith (mixture of modern songs and hymns)
- Sermons that teach verse-by-verse through books of the Bible
- A smallish church family (50-60 on a Sunday) encouraging and praying for each other
- Weekly small group Bible studies
3: Blessing for Your City
- Multiple opportunities for you to join us in serving our city
What to Expect at a Sunday Service
In the Fall of '21, Life's Journey is moving to Park Valley Shopping Center in South Huntsville, but until the build-out is finished, our Sunday worship services will be outside (inside if it rains) at Piper & Leaf Farm. Feel free to bring your own lawn chair and sit in the grass or sit on the porch in one of our chairs.
Before the service begins, help yourself to some delicious Piper & Leaf tea! Our service will open with someone sharing 1-2 important things going on at LJC, our pastor will then welcome everyone and pray over the service, we will sing 4 songs about Jesus together, our pastor will give a 30-35 minute sermon from the Bible, we'll take communion together, then we'll close with another song. After the service, feel free to hang out and meet people. We are always happy to add people to our growing family!
"What about my kids?"
We love kids!!
Click HERE to see how we serve children.
Click HERE to see how we serve teenagers.